Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kitchen Tip Tuesday


So I was making pecan tarts last week for an office party and the recipe said to use a tart tamper or use your fingers to press the dough into the mini-muffin pan. Well, I didn't want to go buy yet another kitchen gadget that would only be used once in a while so I got creative.....







I just wrapped some plastic wrap on the top of this corn syrup bottle and away I went....it worked pretty good for my silicone pan, but was too wide to really do a good job on the aluminum pan. I loved the individual tarts....if I start making more it could well be worth the $3-13 dollars to buy a tart tamper......I will put it on my wish list.

For more Kitchen Tips go here to Tammy's Blog.

6 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Great improvisation! I had a roommate who used to use a spray bottle fora rolling pan . . . it's always good to use what you've got!

Prudy said...

Fab tip! Thanks.

Andrea said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing :)

Jaime said...

great tip!

Angie said...

I love silicone pans... they are the best :)

www.theamericanhomemaker.blogspot.com

PrudentHomemaker said...

I love this! My recipe says to cut circle for these, and I dislike rolling the dough for every single one--it's very time-consuming. I will try this next time!