Wednesday, July 16, 2008

TWD: Chocolate Pudding

I know that this post for Tuesday's With Dorie is a day late, but when I went to get on the computer last night, I couldn't access my blog for some reason....I have no idea why.

Well -- anyhoo, this weeks choice of Chocolate Pudding comes from Melissa of It's Melissa's Kitchen. I thought this was going to be a pretty easy recipe....and truthfully it is, as long as you don't have kids around talking to you and distracting you. I started to add the milk mixture to the egg mixture before realizing that I still hadn't added the flour and cocoa to the eggs.....then when I put it on the stove to cook....it was very foamy and it thickened slightly. I took it off the burner when it started to bubble, however I am thinking that I should have lower the tempurature to get it to thicken more. When I got my husband to photograph it last night his first comment was "I don't think it turned out right". Gee thanks, especially since I had already said that I thought it didn't turn out. No need to put in his two cents...lord love him.



It is still in the fridge, if it is thick enough we will have some for dessert for tonight.

11 comments:

CB said...

Don't you love when husbands try to help in the kitchen? NOT! Bummer about your no blog access yesterday. I guess we can forgive you for posting late. HAHA!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

LyB said...

Well, at least I hope it was good! :)

Anne said...

Haha, I love your husband's comment because it sounds like something mine would say! He's getting to be quite the dessert connoisseur since I joined Dorie, which is good and bad!

I'm sorry it didn't quite set, but I hope it's delicious!

Melissa said...

I hope it thickens a bit more!

Barbara said...

Oh dear, sorry to hear about all the "help" that wasn't. That's family life sometimes!

You know, if it doesn't thicken, you could try 1) freezing it or 2) using it as a chocolate sauce! (and of course there's always the "just eat it anyway" option, I bet it will taste great.)

Shandy said...

I think I get an eye twitch whenever I am trying something new in the kitchen. Maybe there is a beacon that goes off saying please sidetrack me now. Frustrating, I know, but I bet your pudding will still taste delicious! =D

Dolores said...

I also forgot the dry ingredients until right before I'd transferred everything back to the pan and then got a lot of bubble-age. I think it turned out okay though.

~Kimberly said...

I hope your pudding turned out too! Mine seemed a little soupy when I put it in the fridge, but it settled up just fine after a couple hours! And...you gotta love the men in our lives, huh?!

aaliyah said...

I agree, just about any recipe is easy as long as the peanut gallery is quiet and leaves you alone long enough to concentrate lol. What I really want to know is this, "Did your husband eat any of it?" My dad is like a food critic while he is taking bites of the food he said didn't turn out right lol. I look forward to your post next week and hope that you have an uninterrupted experience while making it.

Jules Someone said...

Mine never got thick. But it's a delicious chocolate soup!

Nickki said...

Sorry I missed this last week, do you know the exact same thing happened to me when I made the split level pudding. The vanilla layer didn't set either. These things are sent to try us :)