Tuesday, July 8, 2008

TWD: Double Crusted Blueberry Pie

Thanks to Amy of South in Your Mouth for picking this week's recipe -- Double Crusted Blueberry Pie. This was an extremely easy pie to make. The hardest part was the baking time. I baked it late last night and we will be having it for dessert later tonight. I am a bit skeptical because although I love blueberry muffins and bagels, I don't care for the fruit in of itself....so we shall see. But by far an excellent recipe and it would be definitely something out of the ordinary to serve or bring to a potluck.

Well for some reason it won't let me post a picture. Right now all I have is a picture of the beautiful baked pie. I will try again later tonight to post along with a picture of us digging in.
Oh, my goodness, I love this pie. I really didn't think I would. The berries kind-of jelled together and it tasted great. I made a little whipped cream to go on top of the second slice and it was good. But since then I have been taking a slice into work for lunch and somehow end up eating it as a Mid-morning snack. Yum! I will definitely be making this often.

17 comments:

Dianne's Dishes said...

Your baked pie looks fabulous! Hope you enjoyed it when you cut into it for a slice! :)

Engineer Baker said...

Blogger has been having conniptions whenever I add pictures for some reason. Your baked pie looks tasty, and I hope you like it!

Bumblebutton said...

Your crust looks just perfect! Hope you like it!

Christine said...

Your crust looks perfect! Great job!

AutumnRose said...

that looks perfect!!! I can never get my crust to roll out so nicely! what's your secret???

Anne said...

It looks great, ready to dive into! Way to go-

Roni said...

Your crust looks awesome! Hope you enjoy it!

Shandy said...

Your pie looks beautiful! In fact, your crust looks perfect =D. I really hope you enjoy the flavor of the berries. Even though my crust looked rough, the blueberry filling really made my hubby's day

Mevrouw Cupcake said...

Congrats on a picture perfect pie!

LyB said...

What a beautiful looking pie! I hope you enjoyed it!

Mrs. Amy Brigham said...

Your pies looks scrumptious! :o)

The Queen of Quite a Lot said...

Great job! I hope you liked it!

ostwestwind said...

Did you like your great looking pie?

Ulrike from K├╝chenlatein

Jules Someone said...

Lovely pie! I'm sure it was enjoyed by all.

Pamela said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I see that you enjoyed the pie. When I tasted it, I was truly floored by the flavor of the filling AND the crust. It was truly delicious. As for my star cut out, I just bought a box of 100 cookie cutters from Kohl's. It was on sale and they had a little star cutter in there. I thought I would put it to good use! See you soon! :o)

Barbara said...

Lovely pie! Glad you liked it!

Teanna said...

Haha! I love that you are eating it as a mid morning snack!!! I brought my pie to work and everyone ate it for breakfast as well! Yours looks delicious!