Tuesday, August 19, 2008

TWD: Granola Grabbers


Okay so I have had things go wrong with recipes before, but at least most have been edible. The only other recipe from TWD that did not turn out for me and I had to trash was the sticky buns....well my first batch of Granola Grabbers are going down with them. I am not sure what happend. I have to admit that I didn't add as much Granola as it called for, but I added alot of nuts and chips and stuff. I don't think my granola was good so I ended up using very little as I was trying to get the chips, nuts and coconut out of the bowl. The granola is from who knows how long ago...anyhoo....I put the first batch in the oven and they came out flatter than pancakes with all the chips sitting on top. The edges were burnt and it looked fried. I couldn't find my camera this morning so I left them sitting on the stove with tin foil over them. I put the rest of the batter in the fridge and I am going to try to see if I can salvage the rest...although I think I am better off chunking this batch. I do want to make it again - I have high hopes for this as a breakfast cookie. And goodness knows as busy as we are it wouldn't hurt to have these on hand for a quick morning grab.

13 comments:

Kayte said...

I am laughing at your troubles, sorry, but you described it so well that I can just see all that happening to me, too. At least you were out there trying, right? Next time...there's always a next time!
www.grandmaskitchentable.typepad.com

Prudy said...

Oh, darn. Sorry for your kitchen troubles. Give them a try again some time, or just wait until next Tuesday and have some ice cream cake.

kittymama said...

Actually, that happened to me with my first batch, too. I ended up turning down the oven temp and only baking in the top third of oven and it seemed to help. Sorry I didn't have those words of advice when you were baking them!

CB said...

Aaaww baking boo-boos aren't fun. Sorry it didn't turn out but there's always next week! The torte will redeem dorie.
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Prudy said...

I never noticed your LDS button. I've been too focused on all your great treats.:) There are so many LDS women bloggers, it's so fun to get to know them.

Erin said...

Oh, that really sucks about your cookies. I know how you feel. I get so frustrated when something doesn't turn out right. Good Luck next week and next time you make the granola grabbers

Pamela said...

Well that just stinks! Sorry for all of the trouble you had with these. They are really pretty good though, so if you get a chance to make them again, go for it! :o)

Dolores said...

I confess I haven't gotten around to making mine yet, and the polarity of the mixed reactions among the group have me curious. These seem to be a love-em-or-hate-em cookie. Sorry you fell into the latter category.

Nickki said...

Oh, shoot that's not so good. I hate it when I make something and it doesn't turn out. Maybe it's worth giving them one more try, it could've been the granola you used. Good luck! :)

Shari said...

Too bad!! Hope the ice cream torte works better for you!
Shari@Whisk: a food blog

Jules Someone said...

Sorry these didn't work for you. I would definitely try them again. Good luck!

ga.farmwoman said...

I bet the next ones will be just fine and some mornings flat, burned edged granola grabber may taste real good.lol..
Good luck on the next batch and thanks for the visit and comment.
Pam

Maya said...

It is so easy for things to head south in the kitchen - I hate it when it happens, especially when I have a deadline.